Helping a customer I was creating a job running a procedure I created. Running the procedure in sql*plus was no problem, but when I scheduled it I got the following error
A colleague sent out a question he experienced an error when creating a table with a huge amount of columns. In the current version of the create it was 604 columns which he had reduced from the original 744 columns. You can see the create script here: table
I’m testing to import a full 11g dump into our new 12c PDB. When I start the import it immediatelly stopped with an error.
This issue was seen at a customer some time ago, they used AL32UTF8 character set and tried to store some Swedish characters. I will explain why you get this error.
We are planning to move a qa database to new environment, we move from
184.108.40.206 Enterprise edition to 220.127.116.11 Standard Edition. We will use datapump to move data. I have created a script that extracts and write roles and role privileges to a text file.
When I run the script I get an error, this script has worked very well many times so I was a bit puzzled why I got the error. You can see the script here >> EXT_ROLE.
I have a customer who will start loading documents and pictures into an application. Discussing the impact I noticed that the column that should hold the documents are defined as basicfile. Basicfile is an older (< 11g) way to handle blobs. The new improved way is securefiles. Securefiles has a much improved way to handle blobs and some new features like compression and deduplication.
For one of our applications, in the test database we added a few columns to some tables. Discussing the impact with the developers I said that we might see migrated rows when adding columns. I have seen severe issues being caused by migrated rows after adding columns.
The developer asked if I could explain it in more details and also showing how to solve or prevent it. This is how I see it.